And, I'm so pleased. This is been going on since June, but the last touch was put on it right after church today. My new upholstered headboard was attached to the bed.
A friend mentioned making a headboard and after all the HGTV I watch I was hooked. And, there are lots of tutorials online.
My materials consisted of a 4x8 piece of 1/4" plywood, three 1x4s, bolts, foam, batting, vinyl and nail strips. Costs for all the materials was $67. (Labor was free :-)
My son is too much like his Dad, and the thing had to withstand a tornado. So he and a neighbor cut the 1/4" plywood for me and attached it to the 1x4s. I did the rest of the work, until it came time to attach it to the bed (today).
Vinyl on the floor with back side up, batting, foam and then the frame. The foam was cut the same size as the frame, the batting was the same size as the vinyl. Fold around the edge and staple. Turned it over and put the nail strip on.
I must I'm rather proud of myself. I could have done it quicker than the 2-1/2 hours that it actually took if the darned electric stapler that I was using had cooperated. Of course, that was 2-1/2 hours crawling around on the floor with a stapler and hammer and trying not to make any mistakes. I could just about walk when I got finished. That's 2-1/2 hours longer than this old lady needs to be on the floor. I could have gotten help. But, "I wanted to do it myself".
Son (Asher) and grandson (Nathan) and a couple of Nathan's friends got it attached to the bed after church today.
I've had my new platform bed long enough now to know that I love it. And, LOVE the new floor. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty pleased with the whole bedroom. I'm a happy (if tired) camper.