Monday, June 13, 2016

DIY Home Improvements - 2

I am SO ready for this project to be finished.  Did I mention I'm too old for this sort of thing?  But, when one needs something done sometimes doing it yourself is your only option.

Did have my neighbor come over and lift the hutch top down.  I seriously hate to ask for help, and actually started to try moving it myself, but it was pretty heavy and I was afraid I'd drop it.



This is day 5.  I think I already said this room is FULL of furniture, and that futon is darned heavy.  I could drag it out, but getting it back after the floor is painted may not be quite as easy.

I'm waiting for the Kilz to dry, will paint later this afternoon and futon goes back to it's home tomorrow.  I'm just praying I have enough Kilz and paint to finish the center of the room where there's no furniture.  The room is smaller than the square footage they're supposed to cover, but the rough floor eats up paint.  We'll see I guess.




1 comment:

Country Cottage Chic said...

Looks like a lot of hard work Iris...hope it is finished soon.