Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I HATE my serger

Spent a good part of yesterday cutting out and sewing Barbie dresses. I do love making fancy Barbie outfits.

HOWEVER, my serger gave me a fit. I had to change the thread - hate doing that - and in the process, one thread broke which messed up the entire thing. I messed with that darned thing for over an hour and never did get it to doing what it's supposed to do. Finally left it and went with Plan B on the dress I was working on.

Thought maybe if I left it for a couple of days and then went back and started fresh re-threading and adjusting it would work. Maybe I was making a mistake and kept doing the same thing over and over. Anyway, I'm REALLY frustrated with it.

That dress turned out quite different than what I'd first envisioned though. You know, if you goof on one it's not normally a throw away, you just figure out another plan. This one wound up being a two pieced elegant gown. Not your typical elegant Barbie gown, but seeing some of the Hollywood stars and what they wear on the red carpets these days, it's right in style. I'll get a pic of it soon, too tired last night when I finished it.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Can't wait to see the picture.
Sunny :)

Country Cottage Chic said...

Looking forward to seeing the new creation! Machines can be so frustrating can't they?

Jayne