Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Antique shop furniture in my house

These are projects that have been done for awhile - and I didn't go to all the trouble with them that I'm doing with the two end tables.  Just grabbed a can of spray paint and went at it.

And, in case you're wondering, I'm still working on the end tables.  Grandson said I should have posted progress pictures, but it's too late on the one - it's ALMOST finished.  Just waiting for the 'smell' to dissipate a bit.  Had to use spray adhesive inside the dog bed table and I don't think dog or cat will be interested until that smell subsides a bit.

So, back to my post... was looking for something to go in this spot right inside the door of my bedroom.  Originally had a dark wood tiered shelf like thing that had been my mothers.  Never did like it, didn't show things well.  Found this little bookcase on one of my daughter's and my antiquing trips.  It's solid wood, was already painted white and needed a repaint (which I did).  I love the fact that it's white, and it inspired me to add a lot of other white to my bedroom.



This little chest was green when I got it.  Remember the old 'antiquing' paint.  That's what it looked like.  I originally got it to use as a night stand for the big king size bed.  It was tall enough and exactly fit in the spot between the bed and the wall.

When I got rid of the bed it was way too high for the new platform bed, but I liked it and didn't want to get rid of it.  SO, decided I liked the white bookcase so well, I'd paint the little chest white. I do like the white - doesn't show the dust as well :-)




I've had the little stool since my grandkids were little.  Kept it in the bathroom so they could stand on it at the sink.  Now the cats use it to jump onto the trunk under the window. 

No comments: